Build and evolve sophisticated Rails applications that are used internally to manage a variety of business processes.
Our proprietary systems are a major competitive advantage in our industry, and they are constantly growing to support new features and integrate with new technologies and 3rd party APIs. Be involved in the entire development process from design to specification to implementation.
Work in an entrepreneurial environment where your work has a direct impact on the success of the business.
Preferred Skills and Attributes Include:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years experience developing with web-scripting languages (such as PHP, Ruby, Perl, Python, or JSP)
- Experience designing, maintaining, and optimizing database applications. MySQL preferred.
- Knowledge of contemporary HTML, CSS, JS, and JQuery best practices
- Experience coding in a UNIX environment
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Expert in Ruby/Rails development
- Experience with Java development
- Experience using SOAP or REST web services
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
- Experience configuring and deploying LAMP web servers
- Familiarity with Agile development practices
- Experience contributing to projects in the open-source community
- A good sense of humor
Compensation & Benefits Include:
- Salary commensurate with ability and experience
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k w/Company Matching
- Parking Allowance
- Company Sponsored Gym Membership
- Company Discretionary Bonus Plan